Is your roofing contractor registered as required by law?
The following is directly from the Kansas Attorney General’s Office website:
On and after July 1, 2013, every “roofing contractor” must obtain a roofing contractor registration certificate from the Kansas Attorney General in order to legally provide commercial or residential roofing services for a fee in Kansas.
The listed registrants have successfully completed the registration requirements pursuant to the Kansas roofing registration act. Registration does not constitute an endorsement of a listed contractor by the Attorney General. Consumers who have additional questions can contact the Attorney General’s office at (800) 432-2310.
Beware if your contractor:
- comes door-to-door or seeks you out
- just happens to have material left over from a recent job
- tells you the job will be a “demonstration”
- offers you discounts for finding other customers
- quotes a price that’s out of line with other estimates
- pressures you for an immediate decision
- offers an unusually long guarantee
- can only be reached by leaving messages with an answering service
- drives an unmarked van or has out-of state license plates
- asks you to pay for the entire job up front
About Safe Harbor Roofing LLC
Our company is registered with the state of Kansas and has all required licensing for Missouri.
Kansas Roofing Registration Act registration number is 13-115445
Johnson County “Class B” General Contractor License – 2014-7120 (most roofers are only “Class R”)
Better Business Bureau Accredited
Angie’s List Roofing and Siding Company
GAF Shingle Manufacturer Certified Contractor – CE25862
Call us today with any questions or come visit us in our showroom!
We are happy to serve Shawnee, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Prairie Village and Olathe as your premier roofing company.